Said the carnist who probably
- doesn’t give a shit about the lives of slaughterhouse workers: how they are usually on shitty contracts, are usually poor and people of color (PoC), how they don’t have basic working rights, and how often times they are undocumented.
- doesn’t give a shit about how big, rich, Western, white countries go into other countries: usually (again) poor, underprivileged, native areas that are (again) usually inhabited by PoC. This takes land away from the people in that region or country and gives it to a) the livestock and/or b) the crops raised for that livestock.
- doesn’t give a shit about the fact that animal product consumption is causing deforestation: there are undiscovered plants and other things in these areas that could help with medicine, not to mention that rain forests and other land contributes to 20% or so of the Earth’s oxygen. This effects not only non-human animals, but human animals as well.
- doesn’t give a shit about the people back in their homes: in rich, white countries like the United States who live next to these factory farms. How their water quality is shit, the air quality is shit, the soil turns to shit and how they have higher rates of ailments that don’t effect people who don’t live near factory farms. This also leads to the areas being more poverty stricken.
- doesn’t realize that they too (unless they fancy themselves to only live on meat, dairy, milk, honey and other animal products) eat the same exact fruits, vegetables and other plant-based foods that those same farm workers pick for a plant-based diet.
i’ve reblogged this like 8 times